Re: what to do without gnome-session

On Sun, 2002-06-30 at 13:57, Susan Kleinmann wrote:
> I used to use gnome and start X with the following .xinitrc:
>
> exec gnome-session
>
> But after upgrading to gnome2, gnome-session has disappeared.
>
> What am I supposed to exec to launch gnome2 session?
>
> I tried using
>
> exec /etc/X11/Xsession

You should have installed gnome-session2 when you upgraded to Gnome 2.
Since GDM still hasn't been updated, I just use startx, open up an
xterm, and then run gnome-session. Set everything the way you like it
and make sure you save your session before you log out. When you go back
in gnome-session should automatically load up with gnome.

-Alex