Re: apt-get? non stable debs?

On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 08:30:19AM +0200, Stephen Rueger wrote:
> > Would you edit your sources.list to point to "testing"...
> > apt-get update
> > apt-get install packagename
> > edit sources.list back to "stable"...
> > apt-get update
>
> No, you wouldn't. The only thing you would get is a seriously broken
> box.

Absolutely not.  This works quite well.  Be aware that all the
dependencies for whatever package you 'install' would be pulled in as
well.  This will possibly upgrade some libraries, but that should not be
problematic.

I have done this on a whole mess of machines.  For example, I wanted
bind9, so I installed it from woody.  apt-get installed its dependencies
as well, but that is no problem.  The machine has run fine since I did
this several months ago.

noah