Re: How do I change de IP addresses in woody

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 17:09:43 -0400, Noah Meyerhans wrote:

>On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 01:14:17PM -0600, Romel Sandoval wrote:
>> I want to change the IP address of two woody machines to 192.168.1.x and
>> I changed the /etc/hosts file but I notice that the machines still
>> respond to their old IP adresses. Well I know this by using the ping
>> command.
>
>It's amazing the variety of responses I've seen to your question here.
>Just edit /etc/network/interfaces.  Don't look in /etc/init.d/ anywhere,
>don't install any new software, just edit the one file that the
>interface gets its IP address from.

I must look like an idiot.  You will find my reply on this question on
down the thread.  My ISP is remaking "The Night of the Living Brain
Dead" without the benefit of Linea Quigley.  From your machine to
swbell, 1 hr.  From there, across the room to their POP server, 18 hrs.
Ack!  They could have hand delivered the damn thing faster.  It's only
about 15 miles.
--
gt
It is interesting to note that as one evil empire (generic) fell,