Re: x86 emulators

<quote who="Paul Johnson">

> So what do folks think of plex86?

depends  on your needs. i last used plex86 when it was still
bochs in early development in 1998 or maybe 1999. ..it worked,
real slow though. If all you need is what plex86 offers it may
be good, for me there are a buncha things in vmware I find useful.
I don't use win32 under vmware all that much, i use it for
specific tasks but most of the time it is suspended. i love
being able to use vmware to setup a virtual network of machines
on 1 system ..

plex86 is also good for those that absolutely must have all of
their software be free  or open-source. a viewpoint i think
is a good one, but for me I am not against certain commercial
applications (Vmware, mpegtv, AcceleratedX, OSS, netscape, etc) if
they work for me.

since i got onboard the vmware boat early vmware has always been
pretty cheap, i upgrade when they rev their major versions for
something like $79 or was it $49 ..if i had to outright buy
it for 300 i would probably think differently about it. and I'd
never buy the vmware express..its not functional enough for me.

nate