Re: hard drive NOT found during install!

<quote who="Waheed Islam">
> Hi,
>
> Could you PLEASE help!
>
> during installation...
>
> my ide controller card is not being recognised by both, potato and woody.
> It's an Acard AEC6280 Controller (no RAID, includes BIOS).

my best suggestion is to try the IDE install disks:

http://saens.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/idepci/
chances are very good that there are no drivers available for it
though.(on that disk)

you can see a list of supported chipsets for linux here:
http://www.linux-ide.org/chipsets.html

(some may require newer kernels and/or 3rd party patches to run)

Ultra133 controllers are very very new .....

in this situation, I would move the install drive to a controller that
is supported, install to it, and if your lucky you may be able to
track down a driver(possibly in the 2.4. kernel). then perhaps you
can migrate back to the other controller.

with IDE controllers so cheap if it was my system i would get a promise
ATA 100 controller instead ..(and use the IDE install disks) but
thats me

nate