makefile to get iostream.h, etc

Hi,

I have been working on a program to recover some data from a broken ext2 partition. I have been using streaming objects.

When I compile with g++ with no options the header files iostream.h and fstream.h are found just fine.

I am now trying to write a makefile which I haven't done for many years and not on a Linux system. I get:

fixext2fs.c:1: iostream.h: No such file or directory
fixext2fs.c:2: fstream.h: No such file or directory
fixext2fs.c:3: iomanip.h: No such file or directory
In file included from fixext2fs.c:8:
Ext2fs.h:4: fstream.h: No such file or directory
In file included from Ext2fs.h:7,
                 from fixext2fs.c:8:
display.h:4: iostream.h: No such file or directory
display.h:6: sstream: No such file or directory
display.h:7: fstream.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [fixext2fs.o] Error 1

How do I tell the makefile how to find these?

TIA,

Paul Scott