Re: Problem with ssh

On  0, aku@ns1.cyberkodok.web.id wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have a problem with my ssh, when i try to connect to our server using
> ssh have an error like this :
>
> ssh -l myusername@xxx.xxx.xxx.xx
> 2f65 7463 2f73 7368
> Disconnecting: Bad packet length 795178083.
>

> What's Wrong with my server or my ssh client. And how to solve them.

I think this is what happens when one only supports ssh protocol 2 and
the other only supports ssh protocol 1 (but I can't remember which way
around - probably the server only supports 2).  So...

Either you need to 'dpkg-reconfigure ssh' or 'apt-get install ssh' to
either reconfigure the ssh server to support both protocol 1 and 2 or
to upgrade your ssh client so that it supports protocol 2,
respectively.

Note that there is a new ssh in security.debian.org as there has been
an exploit discovered recently in ssh.

Tom
--
Tom Cook

Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au