Grub Splash Image

I've installed grub and have it running successfully
(version 0.92 from unstable) and I even changed the colours
of the menu a bit. But the other day I was helping my
brother with configuring grub for a multiboot involving
Windows on his RedHat 7.3 box and he had a nice splash image
load with grub. Is this possible with the grub that comes
with Debian? The grub homepage/manual says nothing about
this option yet a simple google search turns up dozens of
references to a config line like the following:
splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz

Are there any "Debian" splash images out there? How would
one go about creating one? (I have a nice "Debian" splash image
for lilo, but it is a .bmp).
--
David P. James
Ottawa, Ontario

The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.
-Dr. Leonard McCoy, Star Trek IV