Re: New Install of Woody - Need some Advice

On Thursday 27 June 2002 01:12 pm, W.D. McKinney wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am new to Debian and just successfully installed Woody on my laptop.
> Now I would like to install the latest XFree86 and Windowmaker.
>
> Not familiar with apt yet so any pointers to the best URL to learn more ?
>
> Thanks so much.
>
> /Dee

Dee,

	Ensure that your /etc/apt/sources.list is correct,
	run  apt-get update
	run  apt-get dist-upgrade

	This should bring you up to speed, just fine.

	Oh Yeah! You should add this line to your  sources.list  as it was just
posted today to the list....

deb http://security.debian.org woody/updates main contrib non-free

	If you end up with problems, contact me directly for one-on-one. Otherwise
just keep posting here. You'll get all sorts of good assists from here!

Regards,

Griz

- --
                           OutCast Computer Consultants of Central Oregon
                                 http://outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
                                 griz@outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
      (541) 504-1388  /\IRC: 205.227.115.251:6667:#OutCasts /\ICQ: UIN 138930