Re: dpkg "status" file lost

Jerome Warnier wrote:

After a powerloss, I lost also all dpkg info, including the "status" file.
Could someone help me get it back to work?
I'm far, far away from the machine, which rebooted nicely (some libraries were also lost, though), but I'd like to reinstall all those libraries which may be useful to get it back to work "just in case".

Thanks in advance

The same thing happened to me a while back. If you're lucky you might have the files still on your computer. Debian makes a backup copy of the status file.
Check for /var/lib/dpkg/status-old just copy that to /var/lib/dpkg/status.
It worked for me.

Hope that helps.
Bijan Soleymani
www.crasseux.com