Re: using plotter HP7470A

Patrick:

I've used a 7475A and a 7550 successfully on Linux (Debian), but both
are attached via serial ports.  Best results were with software flow
control.  I've also driven them via a Windows machine.  I know of no
CUPS driver.  The "cat" should work.

Dean
----------
On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 12:25:27AM -0400, Patrick M wrote:
> Once again, I seek for your help.
>
> I recently put my hands on a HP 7470A plotter for a few bucks... It's
> supposed to read HPGL file format. I therefore downloaded pdtoedit file
> converter, got myself an HPGL file, and did:
>
> # cat ./example.hpgl > /dev/lp0
>
> And nothing happens. Is there a cups driver available somewhere I
> didn't look? Has anyone used this device? Any inputs?
>
> Thanks,
>
> PM, 22
>

> --

				Dean Provins
		dprovins@ucalgary.ca,  provinsd@telusplanet.net
Linux is a stimulating and productive alternative to other PC operating systems.