Re: SSH and compression

El jue, 27-06-2002 a las 07:54, nate escribió:

> i dont think SSH's compression should affect security either way.
> I use it mostly out of habbit, it can sometimes improve the responsiveness
> of a connection.
>
> I would expect if compression did affect SSH's security it would
> be documented and well known ...

	Why it hast to be a problem? Finally, you have an encrypted message, so
what is the problem?

	If ssh encrypts first and then compresses, you can uncompress the
message, but then all you've got is an encrypted message. By other side,
if ssh compresses first and then encrypts, you can't even uncompress the
message because you have to decrypt it previously.

--
Angel L. Mateo
Redes y Comunicaciones - ATICA	     Tfo: +34 968 367590