DHCP Server and DNS

Im trying to run dhcp3-server, but the computer Im running it on is
NATing for a couple other computers, so it gets a lease of its own from
a cable modem.  Im trying to get dhcpd up and running, but I cant get it
to run.  For one I forget how to determine the dns servers that Im
getting from the cable modem.  Also I have a subnet defined in my
dhcpd.conf, but it still complains about not having any leases defined
for eth1 and then dies.  Can anyone tell me how to get this to work.  I
am currently running sid.
ps. CC me because Im not subscribed to the list yet.  Thanks
--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."