Re: Gnome 2.0 Released

My 56K modem has been busy on the gnome.org site and hasn't had trouble with the snapshots nor downloading cvs files.  Downloading as I'm typing.

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:26:22 -0700 (PDT)
"Sean 'Shaleh' Perry" <shalehperry@attbi.com> wrote:

> On 26-Jun-2002 Jeremy Turner wrote:
> > On Wed, 2002-06-26 at 15:19, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> >> Fresh from slashdot, Gnome 2.0 is released. Anyone care to place bets on
> >> when we'll see debs of it? :)
> >
> > Who knows.  I'm looking forward to it though!  I'm trying to get some
> > screenshots from http://gnome.org/start/2.0/screenshots but gnome.org is
> > completely /.-ed.  I get about half of a shot, then it dies.
> >
> > My question is [OT] is why does /. never get /.-ed?

And not that I don't like /. but I'm not sure that /. has anything to do with any slowdown on gnome.org.  Other sites were talking about gnome 2 before /.

In fact, I saw the announcement on PCLinuxOnline. And the developer of CVSGnome emailed me his notice of the improved scripts seconds after he uploaded it.

BTW: According to the news.com interview of /. -- there are 6000 posts daily done by 50% of the visitors. The other half read and leave.  So, that means only 12,000 daily visitors???  Sorry, but I operated a site in 1995 that had 250,000 visitors per month - and it wasn't considered huge.  Something in the math just never adds up for /.

Maybe hype?  Maybe my math ;-)