Re: umount

On Tuesday 25 June 2002 05:15 pm, Matthew Dalton wrote:
> macio@eazy.net wrote:
> > I can't get umount to unmount my cdrom or floppy drive (at least not in a
> > reliable way).  So far I have had one horrific crash as a result of this
> > problem :-( . I have tried a lot of different options and read a lot but
> > have seen no solution to "device busy" etc. I am going to leave my system
> > on until I hear from somebody.  At present I am stuck with a mounted
> > cdrom which I have been trying to unmount for about an hour.  Thanks for
> > your help.
>
> You probably still have a shell whose current directory is in the cdrom
> mount. Make sure you change directories away from the cdrom mount in all
> of your terminals, and then try unmounting it.

	Either a shell or an app!
	Easiest way to get OFF the mounted device (either floppy or rom) is just
cd  <ENTER>   which will take you to the users home directory. Give that a
shot and see what flys.

- --
                           OutCast Computer Consultants of Central Oregon
                                 http://outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
                                 griz@outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
      (541) 504-1388  /\IRC: 205.227.115.251:6667:#OutCasts /\ICQ: UIN 138930