Re: mutt and maildir(?)

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 04:48:30PM +0930, Tom Cook wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying something New and Different with my mail configuration.
> Until fairly recently I have used mutt to access an IMAP server.  Now
> I have decided I want procmail, so I am using fetchmail to get the
> mail, which forwards it to exim, which pipes it through procmail,
> which dumps each message in a separate file in a directory named like:
>
> $HOME/Mail/<folder_name>/msg.3F7
>
> I gather that this is called a 'maildir' mailbox.  I can't get mutt to
> look at it, though.  The closest I could find to a tip about this is
> that MH mail directories need a .mh_sequences file.  Do I just need to
> create this file (empty) and then everything will work?  Or is there
> some other way to get mutt to read this mail directory?
>
> Tom

According to the mutt manual:

Mutt supports reading and writing of four different mailbox formats:
  mbox, MMDF, MH and Maildir.  The mailbox type is autodetected, so
  there is no need to use a flag for different mailbox types.  When
  creating new mailboxes, Mutt uses the default specified with the
  ``$mbox_type'' variable.

So there shouldn't be any difference.  Have you defined the mailboxes in
the mailboxes variable?  Does the "folder" setting point to the right
place?  What happens when you do a mutt -f $HOME/Mail/<folder_name> ?

- Chris