Re: Install to HDD only system?

On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 08:59:09PM -0400, Barry Michels wrote:

>    I have a Fujitsu Point 510 with only the internal hard drive.  How
>    would I write a bootloader to the harddrive on another system with
>    network drivers so I could get debian installed?

I have had success strapping notebook drives into a desktop system as
hda and doing an install up to the first reboot.

just make sure you enable pcmcia support in the bas install, and it
_usually_ works.  What might bite you is if the CHS/LBA settings of the
host and target controllers are out of agreemnent with regards to
handling the drive.

aloha,
dave