Support for Big Commerical Applications

Hi,

We are currently in the process of migrating from Redhat 6.1 to a more
modern distribution in order to upgrade from Oracle 8i to 9i. Our problem is
that while Woody works, it is not officially supported by Oracle. We also
use BMC Patrol, which is not supported on Woody either. It would seem that
SuSE 7.something and RedHat 7.1 are supported by both Oracle and BMC.

Has anyone had any experiance with Patrol and Oracle on Woody or another
"unsupported" distribution? Have you been able to extract support from the
vendors if things have gone wrong?

It would seem that RedHat may well get the nod over Debian Woody due to this
support issue :-(