gnus: reading debian lists by NNTP want to reply by mail

that has been posted to gnu.emacs.gnus as well.

In gnus Info it says:
`gnus-mailing-list-groups'
     If your news server offers groups that are really mailing lists
     gatewayed to the NNTP server, you can read those groups without
     problems, but you can't post/followup to them without some
     difficulty.  One solution is to add a `to-address' to the group
     parameters (*note Group Parameters::).  An easier thing to do is
     set the `gnus-mailing-list-groups' to a regexp that matches the
     groups that really are mailing lists.  Then, at least, followups
     to the mailing lists will work most of the time.  Posting to these
     groups (`a') is still a pain, though.

1. what is the (`a') all about?  Oh, I see, when one hits "a".
2. so I set gnus-mailing-list-groups to match and now it just replies to the sender.
3. OK, So, I must go, for each debian group I'm subscribed to, into
the special group parameters editor, and make them by hand into their
mailing list addresses.  Then I suppose I also have to go into the
group parameters and set how I want my From address to look, as I
prefer a different From address when I reply to a mail group
vs. replying to one person.  I must do this over and over by hand for
each debian group.

$ noffle -l|grep debian
gmane.linux.debian.user news.gmane.org over
linux.debian.user news.sinica.edu.tw full
linux.debian.user.chinese.big5 news.sinica.edu.tw full ...

I suppose all my sed skill are for naught and I can save my
$ noffle -l|sed -n '/^linux\./{;s/^linux\.//;s/ .*//;s/\./-/g;s/$/@lists.debian.org/p;}'
debian-user@lists.debian.org
debian-user-chinese-big5@lists.debian.org ...
for mom.

No, I don't suppose there is a way for me, when in a group that
matches /^linux/ or /^gmane/ to do my various regexp substitution
schemes that come up with the correct mailing address of the group, so
that when I hit a or f or F it does the right thing.

Another approach is for me to use my above regexp to generate a whole
group parameters blob for many groups that I could somehow paste into
my .newsrc.eld ... yuck.

Anyways, why with the million features do I always need to use the
ones that aren't there.
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780