Re: Question: Sound recording from radio station

On Sat, 2002-06-22 at 13:41, Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:
> Unfortunately, sound-recorder failed to write header information when it
> exited, so audacity only read garbage (Null bytes).  XMMS also would not
> play the file.  I was able to play it with bplay, and to open it using
> ecawave, but somewhere in the process, I lost the entire file.  Damnit.
>
> So, in order to avoid this in the future, what's the best way to record
> WAV files in Linux that are possibly much longer then three hours (=2.1G
> approximately)?

Im not sure, but I dont think ext3 nor reiserfs suffer from this
affliction.  So you might try an upgrade to ext3.  This would fix your
file limitation problem.  Anyone wanna tell me Im wrong?

--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."