Re: man or info?

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 10:18:41PM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> Peter De Wachter writes:
> > - There doesn't seem to be any way to scroll line-by-line or two lines at
> > a time (like lynx with Insert/Delete)
>
> True.

False.

M-x set-variable scroll-step 1

I just discovered this in the info manual, which is BTW not 'info
info', but 'info info-stnd'.  ('info info' gives only documents a small
portion of the keystrokes.  I have a feeling it's intended to be the
documentation of the Emacs info mode.)  How is a new info user supposed
to discover this?

Note that this issue is recored in bug #78504, which has been open
for two years and forwarded to the upstream developers.  Apparantly,
neither knew about this option.

Another useful options is: 'M-x set-variable automatic-footnotes off'
(to keep unwanted footnote windows away)

Unfortunately, info doesn't seem to have any config file, so you'll have
to type these everytime you start the damn thing.

Mvg,
Peter De Wachter