Re: man or info?

> When I see people who claim to like info, I really do wonder whether
> they're talking about the same program.

There is info the documentation format and there is info the
standalone info browser and we both know they are different.  I am
fine with the format and also fine with the browser, although you make
some good points about it.  Specifically lack of regular expressions.

But I suggest you try using 'pinfo' as a standalone info browser as
suggested by others in this thread.  It has the appearances of being a
combined lynx / mutt type of user interface.  It is pretty nice and
might address your issues with the 'info' program.  In any case, info
is just a program and like most programs can be improved.

Bob