Re: Various digital camera questions and Re: (FIXED!) gphoto2 from CVS to deb package

[snip]

> At this point I'll go back to the beginning; several
> others have posted to the list about digital cameras, and since I've been
> "around the block" a couple of times with my digital camera under GNU/Linux,
> I figure I'll add to the collective wisdom such as I can.... ;)

[snip]

thanks for the great info.  it gave me the motivation to get
out the sandisk (card reader) and plug it in for the first
time, having bought it a month ago.

dmesg told me that something was on /dev/sda, which i tried
to mount.  ...not quite there yet, but /dev/sda1 did the trick.
i then drilled down the directory and found the *.jpg's that i
thought could only be retrieved on win~ box.

i could then open (and manipulate, *cough* shrink) those 2160x1440
badboys with gphoto.0.4.3.  eggsellent!  this was exactly
what i wanted to do.

thanks, again.

bentley taylor
camera:  kodak dx3700 (no action shots -- muhahaha)

//