Re: groups.google festoons PGP SIGNATURE

* Dan Jacobson (jidanni@deadspam.com) [020621 15:46]:
> The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
> that has been posted to news.groups,google.public.support.general as well.
>
> I see the news professionals on google have a hard time dealing with
> all the PGP SIGNATURE stuff that is all the rage say on
> "muc.lists.debian.user" there.  It's like festooned all over the
> place.  Probably it should only be seen when one clicks on "original
> format".

It seems like in going from the mailing list to the newsgroup the MIME
Content-Type header is lost (the one that says multipart/signed and
gives the boundary lines). Not sure if the header is lost in the
mail->news gateway or in google's archiving, or even, really, how it's
supposed to work in USENET.

good times,
Vineet
--