Re: scsi emulation support is not working

On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 10:29, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have two ide-atapi devices: a cdrom and a crwriter. The cdrom is at
> hdc and the cdwriter is at hdd, as showed by dmesg:
>
> "hdc: ATAPI 56X CD-ROM drive, 128kB Cache
> Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.12
> hdd: ATAPI 32X CD-ROM CD-R/RW drive, 8192kB Cache"

[snip]

> To burn the cd's I have installed xcdroast. When I run xcdroast for the
> first time as root I get the message:
>
> "Failed to scan the SCSI-bus. Either no permission to access the generic
> scsi devices or no SCSI support enabled in the kernel. For ATAPI devices
> you have to install the SCSI-emulation first"

When I'm ready to burn a CD-R, it's just
su - --command='cdrecord yadda yadda'

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net         |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81     |
| "Object-oriented programming is an exceptionally bad idea   |
|  which could only have originated in California."           |
|  --Edsger Dijkstra                                          |