Looking for tutorial on how to edit GTK themes

Hi,

Are there any good sites or tuturials from which you can learn
how to create or edit GTK (and maybe other) themes?

I have a big problem with most of the darker themes:
They look fairly good, but in many application I have a
black text on dark grey background effect. (e.g ickle or gnomeicu).
So I would like to somehow change the font definition to some
light color so that I can actually read it...

Many thanks in advance!
best regards,
Balazs