Re: Where can I get a standard /etc/group file ?

Hi,

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Laurent Steffan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just finished installing (for the first time) a woody system.
> Something probably went wrong in the install process, as the package
> installation program (base-config) tells me that it cannot find some
> groups. So I checked (on my computer and in various manuals), and it
> seems that I lack a /etc/group file. No idea why! Of course I could
> recreate one from scratch (using vi :-) but I'd rather download one that
> already has all the standard groups, group ids, etc. Any ideas where I
> can find it ?

yes, here:

root:x:0:
daemon:x:1:
bin:x:2:
sys:x:3:
adm:x:4:
tty:x:5:
disk:x:6:
lp:x:7:lp
mail:x:8:
uucp:x:10:
proxy:x:13:
kmem:x:15:
dialout:x:20:sebastia
fax:x:21:
voice:x:22:
cdrom:x:24:sebastia
floppy:x:25:amiga,sebastia
tape:x:26:
sudo:x:27:
audio:x:29:sebastia,amiga
dip:x:30:sebastia
majordom:x:31:majordom
postgres:x:32:
www-data:x:33:
backup:x:34:
msql:x:36:
operator:x:37:
list:x:38:
irc:x:39:
src:x:40:sebastia
gnats:x:41:
shadow:x:42:
utmp:x:43:telnetd
video:x:44:sebastia
staff:x:50:sebastia
games:x:60:
users:x:100:
postfix:x:101:
postdrop:x:102:
telnetd:x:103:
snort:x:104:
sebastia:x:1000:
amiga:x:1001:
nogroup:x:65534:

Well, it is just a copy of my groups file. sebastia and amiga are my 2
users. Replace it with your own first user name and remove the name from
groups you don't want to be part of.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan