Re: How to report a Bug (Which Package?)

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Steve Juranich wrote:
>> As suggested in http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting ; I am
>> sending this to "debian-user".
> This is a good place to hang out for Debian users of all levels.
> I encourage you to stick around.

Apology, that I do not subscribe "debian-user". But, I do
have web access to that list. My intention was to report
a problem as suggested in http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

>> and then I run "tasksel". I selected "X11"; and then choose
>> "kdm" out of "xdm", "gdm", and "kdm".

>> Apparently, it installs everything, unfortunately it does not
>> like to install "gdm" (dpkg error code 1). Fortunetely, everything
>> works fine after rerunning the installation process. As a
>> matter of fact, this is the first time ever, I have managed
>> automatically to install the X11 server (I used to configure
>> it manually).

> Erm, do you mean 'kdm' in the second paragraph, otherwise I'm confused.

No, I guess that the "X Window System" option in tasksel installs
everything: xdm, gdm, kdm. But, apparently "gdm" does not like to
be installed together with "kdm"? It happen more than once that
the KDE installing process crashes (at another time and another
system).

>> Question:
>> - whoose bug is that?
>> - how to report it?

After browsing the current bug list queue, I believe that not
repporting this trivial bug is a better option.

Thank you anyway.

--
Abdul Latip -- Angkasa Internet Junior Staff -- ANGIN.com
http://people.WebIndonesia.com/dullatip/ ----------------