Re: More modem problems with kernel 2.4.18

> Your internal modem, if roasted and ground sufficiently fine, will make
> a surprisingly strong espresso.  Go get an external modem.
>
> http://www.linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/#internalmodem

*Sigh*

At first I thought this advice was unhelpful and a bit short.  Then I
spent another two days playing with the kernel and jumpers on the mother
board and ISA card.

Finally, out of despair, I bought an external modem (a USR, but not a
Courier--I'm on a tight budget right now--but when I get some
money...).  I was able to troubleshoot and get things to work in ten
minutes.

I have seen the light.  External good.  LEDs are *very helpful* for
diagnostics.

Thanks,

-Seth