Re: Exim authentication

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 11:16:04PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
| On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 03:20:48PM -0500, Mark Roach wrote:
|
| > I believe that putting the following in the authentication configuration
| > section will allow you to use PAM. You will just need to add a file
| > named /etc/pam.d/exim with the appropriate PAM config options
|
| For those of us not familiar with PAM, could we get an example of that,
| as well?

It will look much like the other files in /etc/pam.d, but with any
different options you may prefer.  For example :

auth        required    pam_unix.so
account     required    pam_unix.so
password    required    pam_unix.so

If you use a different authentication source (eg ldap instead of
/etc/passwd) you would include those options.

(Actually, I'm not terribly familiar with PAM, but I've managed to
convert a couple machines at work to use LDAP instead :-).  It's
pretty cool.)

-D

--

The way of a fool seems right to him,