Re: What is happening to testing/unstable?

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 03:59:30PM +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> For some time now I have had nothing new from testing; I assumed this
> was because of the freeze. However, the same seems to be happening with
> unstable. I do an "apt-get update" and get the list of packages, but
> nothing is scheduled to be upgraded. I mean that "apt-get -s
> dist-upgrade" shows nothing to be done, which seems odd.

Unstable is still moving; it's just a bit slow at the moment. I think a
lot of maintainers are either taking something of a break until woody is
released or working on big time-consuming changes that they had to put
off until after the freeze. I know I'm doing a bit of both.

> I also tried a specific upgrade to the new version of mozilla (1.0.0)
> which is listed in unstable but was told that my version (from testing)
> was the latest, which it isn't.

Sounds like a buggy apt preferences file, assuming that that's what
you're using.