Re: Can't get audio to work

On Tuesday 18 June 2002 12:25 am, you wrote:

> As far as what's next, what happens when you try and play an mp3
> file? Whether via xmms or mpg123, you should get some meaningful
> output.

"Failed to open sound device."

libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory
libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

   "Couldn't open audio.
   Please check that:
   1) You have the correct output plugin selected
   2) No other programs is blocking the soundcard
   3) Your soundcard is configured properly"

> One thing I forgot.  1) Make sure that you're a member of the 'audio'
> group (type 'groups' at the command line to check this). 2) Make sure
> that /dev/ dsp*, /dev/mixer*, and /dev/midi* (if you want) are
> group-writable and that their ownerships are all set as belonging to
> the 'audio' group.

That's all set up correctly.

Glen