Re: Net Installation

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 09:57:47AM -0400, Matthew Tedder wrote:

| So how do I make an installation disk since my old i386 doesn't boot from
| CDROM?
|
| I dd'd the root.bin to floppy because the README said this was needed for the
| install..   I have to use rescue?  That's strange..

"rescue.bin" provides the boot loader and kernel,
"root.bin"  provides a compressed ramdisk for the kernel to mount and
            contains all the programs you can run while in the
            installer

Dump rescue.bin to a floppy and boot with it.  Insert root.bin when
prompted.

-D

--

Microsoft: "Windows NT 4.0 now has the same user-interface as Windows 95"
    Windows 95: "Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to reboot"

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/