Re: erratic mouse with xfree86 4.1.0?

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 12:13:16PM -0500, Michael A. Miller wrote:

|     > Is gpm running?  If so, that is going to cause problems.
|
| Ah ha!  That was it.  I should have known - thanks.

| All seems to be ok after stoping gpm.

There's a better solution.
    1)  set gpm's repeat_type to 'raw'
    2)  tell X that the device is /dev/gpmdata (not /dev/psaux)
    3)  use the same protocol in gpm and X
        ("imps2" in gpm , "ImPS/2" in X)

This provides a mouse in console and X simultaneously.

-D

--

[Perl] combines all the worst aspects of C and Lisp: a billion different
    sublanguages in one monolithic executable.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/