Re: Debian: abandon ship?

In muc.lists.debian.user, you wrote:

>> If you're running a server than has to have five nines up-time,
>> then you'd better pay to have somebody guaranteed on-site in 60
>> minutes from when the phone rings.
>
> Umm... 5 9's = ~5 min/year, so they had better be there a lot faster
> than 60 minutes.

If you're going for 5 9s you'll have plenty of redundancy and
hot-swapable everything.  You may need a CPU/drive/PS replaced,
but it doesn't generally have to be done in 5 minutes.
However, you're at a higher risk until all the redundancy is
restored.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  MERYL STREEP is my
                                  at               obstetrician!