Re: OGG wont do

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 11:28:46AM +0200, Helgi Örn wrote:
> By the way; I have been looking for a mp3 -> ogg converter without luck,
> does anyone here know if there is one such an app around or if this is
> at all possible?

I don't know of any "out-of-the-box" tools, but something along the
lines of (Disclaimer: Untested, No warranty, etc):

    mpg123 --stdout somefile.mp3 | \
        oggenc --raw -o somefile.ogg -a ArtistName -l Albumname -t Title ...

man mpg123 & man oggenc are your friends :-)

> Is there a seperate Debian multimedia mailinglist?

Don't know.

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com