Re: Debian: abandon ship?

Klaus Imgrund wrote:

Well,
I am an IT - dummy but I did deal with technical service for 15 years.
What that whole Servicecontract stuff basically boils down to is that
the customer wants somebody he can:
a. complain to and scream at and
b. sue for damages
Try that with a mailing list

I understand the incentive / reasoning behind your claims.
But have you ever tried to complain/scream/sue one of the Big OS and Software companies with any success? Their EULA makes their company as effective (actually less so) than any email list.

--
 21:05:01 up 3 days,  3:19,  1 user,  load average: 1.57, 0.98, 0.47
Linux is the future...