Re: Ghostscript problem

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:05:24 +0100 David Goodenough
<david.goodenough@btconnect.com> wrote:

>         #!/bin/sh
>         /usr/bin/gs -sDEVICE=pswrite -s"OUTPUTFILE=%stdout" \
>             -dQUIET -dDEBUG -dPARANOIDSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH \
>             -dNOMEDIAATTRS -s"stdout=%stderr" -
>
> When I do this I get an Unable to open the initial device error, and
> gs quits.

Try adding -dIjsUseOutputFD to the gs command line.

>From the gs documentation (Devices.htm):

-dIjsUseOutputFD
   This flag indicates that Ghostscript should open the output file
   and pass a file descriptor to the server. If not set, Ghostscript
   simply passes the filename set in OutputFile to the server. In most
   cases, this flag won't matter, but if you have a driver which works
   only with OutputFD (such as hpijs 1.0.2), or if you're using the
   -sOutputFile="|cmd" syntax, you'll need to set it.

Not clear this is what's ailing you, but you might give it a try...

Cheers,

--
Carlos Sousa