Re: kernel upgrade to 2.4.18

1.) Don't both with linking to linux. Just:

cd /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.18
make menuconfig
make-kpkg

2.) Don't use --revision to note the kernel version; make-kpkg will do
that for you. Use --revision if you want to tag it to specific config
options you've used. I generally do:

make-kpkg --revision ofcx.y

where x.y is a version of my configuration, NOT of the kernel itself.

Hope this helps.

clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu