sound-recorder

Does someone understand this:

First:
======

~> sound-recorder  /tmp/file.wav
Sound Recorder version 0.06 (Build on Feb 24 2002)
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 by B. Warmerdam under GPL.
This program is free software and comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.

Record from dsp (no cdrom support).
To end the recording press CTRL-C
File can't be created (use -k to override overwrite protection).

Second:
=======

~> sound-recorder -k /tmp/file.wav
Sound Recorder version 0.06 (Build on Feb 24 2002)
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 by B. Warmerdam under GPL.
This program is free software and comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.

sound-recorder: invalid option -- k
        -c      Number of channels [1/2]
        -s      Samplerate of the recording
        -b      Bits per sample [8/16]
        -k      Keep going if destination file already exists (overwrite)
        -P      Use a higher priority for recording thread
        -A      Audio device (default /dev/dsp)
        -e      Execute this statement after recording (eg 'rm $file')
        -S      The recording time (mm:ss)
        -f      Output format [wav/pcm/cdr/ima3/ima4/ima5]
        -h      This information

The file /tmp/file.wav exists and I own it.

I don't understand the "invalid option -- k" and the "-k      Keep going
if destination file already exists (overwrite)". Aren't they
contradictories?

Thank you,
        Ionel