Re: Plans for upgrading to woody & ditching HD

On Fri, 2002-06-07 at 11:23, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> I just realized that I never updated the list on this project.
>
> I did as Karl suggested, except skipped the --simulate step (got
> impatient). Everything worked absolutely flawlessly, except my attempt to
> write LILO to the new drive without a floppy boot.  I tried changing
> /etc/lilo.conf to write to /dev/hdb (which soon became /dev/hda) but the
> boot stopped at LI.  So I booted with the rescue disk, used root=/dev/hda,
> and re-edited lilo.conf.

grub wouldnt have had this problem.  I would recommend trying it out. It
is much better than LILO and most other distributors are switching to
it.  I absolutely love it, and it has saved me many a time.

--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."