true type fonts won't work...

Hi all,

I am trying to make anti-aliasing work for the true type fonts I
downloaded from microsoft.

I am using:
debian woody
kernel 2.4.18
XFree86 4.1 packages of debian woody
4.2 version of X binary (stolen from SuSE 8.0 distribution)
xfs as well as xfstt
kde 3.01 (compiled myself)

I put the truetype fonts in /usr/share/fonts/truetype and run the commands
to make the fonts.scale and fonts.dir files. Also I synced xfstt.

As fontpaths in my XF86config-4 I only configured the xfs and xfstt font
servers. This works as I do see all the fonts (including the TT
fonts) listed with xlsfonts.

Still I can clearly see my fonts in kde (choosen the andale mono true type
font in kde control panel) are not anti-aliased :( I did select the
anti-aliasing radio-button in kde control panel and I did set QT_XFT to
"1".

What can I possibly do wrong or forget? Should I had done something
special while compiling kde3.01 or qt ?? (I did not had yet the
fontservers running while compiling kde).

Any hints?

Best regards,

--
Ronald Verlaan