Re: Nasty X + Mozilla bug...

on Sat, Jun 15, 2002, Gerhard Gaussling (ggrubbish@web.de) wrote:

> Am Samstag, 15. Juni 2002 08:49 schrieb Karsten M. Self:
>
> > What happens if you disable font sizing via a user CSS?  Like I
> > do  ;-)
> >
> >     http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Download/userContent.css
>
> That may stops mozilla from crashing x by rendering huge fonts, but
> I'm wondering if it breaks the page layout.

Define "breaking page layout".  My experience is that websites render
consistently and readably.  If they're predicated on text sizing to
specific dimensions, they're broken by design already.  I've only seen
one site that fails to render readably.  For the most part,
standardizing results is far preferable to seeing the crud webmonkeys
are churning out these days.

Let's repeat together:  "HTML is not a presentation language.  Flash is
crap to five nines."

Peace.

   The Consumer Broadband and Digital Television Promotion Act:
     Feinstein's answer to Enron envy.
       http://www.politechbot.com/docs/cbdtpa/hollings.s2048.032102.html