K7S5a & md driver, Debian 2.2R6 problems

To whoever gets this;
    Thanks for taking the time to read it.....

    Have a K7S5A that is locking on the  CDROM boot of disk 1.  It locks
after the floppy detect when it starts to load the md driver (version
0.36.6 ).  The DDR chip is the CE POWMEM 512MB 266MHZ, 184 pin....  It
keeps locking constistantly at this point.... Do you have any
suggestions?  I was not able to find any messages with problems other
than with the onboard soud card & networking card....

MAX_MD_DEV=4, MAX_REAL=8

is the last line before it locks hard & must be rebooted.....  I have
been using Debian since the MAY 25,2000 Beta & have never seen a problem
quite like this before....
Thanks,
Lester