ghost email after reboot ???

I have a server, upgraded from potato to woody; still running 2.2.20 . .
.

Oddly enough, every time I reboot, root receives eight (8) emails from
nearly one year ago -- long, long ago deleted.  Yes, the exact same mail
every time I reboot.  Since this is a server, I pickup that mail
remotely and always delete it immediately.  exim is set to forward
root's email to my account.  This recurring email is more than a year
old and no subsequently received and deleted emails appear like this.

I've checked /root/mail/ -- for some reason, root doesn't use mbox --
nothing there now.  Also, it is not in my ~/mbox.

I've checked /var/mail -- not even a root entry.  /var/mail/mds is
empty.

Not an earth shattering problem; but, where is it hiding now?  Next time
I reboot, I know that it will reappear; but, how can I delete it
forever, right now?

What do you think?

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .