Re: Error installing mailman with exim

Em Sex, 2002-06-14 às 03:45, Grégoire Cachet escreveu:
> hello
>
> I try to configure mailman on my gateway for internet, using the exim mail
> server
>
> My system is debian woody
>
> I installed exim, and just changed the configuration in order to relay
> my own computer on the local network.
>
> Then I installed mailman and created a new list typing :
>
> # newlist test
>
> It asked me to add some lines in the aliases file. I added in
> /etc/aliases :
>
> ## test mailing list
> ## created: 12-Jun-2002 root
> test:                    "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper post test"
> test-admin:              "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner test"
> test-request:            "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"
> test-owner:              test-admin
>
> I received a confirmation email for the new list "test"
>

> However, if I try to subscribe sending a mail to
> test-request@zwiffer.dyndns.org, it didn't work.
>
> I can't send messages to test-admin, test, test-owner either.
>
> there are errors in exim's logs :
>
> 2002-06-13 18:13:32 17IXE4-0001kY-00 Neither the system_aliases director
> nor the address_pipe transport set a uid for local delivery of
> |/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper post test

Just do exactly what this message says: set a uid in the system_aliases
director definitions in exim.conf

ex:
system_aliases:
  driver = aliasfile
  file_transport = address_file
  pipe_transport = address_pipe
  file = /etc/aliases
  search_type = lsearch
  user = list

(or user=exim, or user=mailman etc. depending on your configurations)

Michel.