Re: so how do the pros read all those .gz docs, zless?

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 08:08:25PM +1000, Matt Chipman wrote:

> Just install mc and browse to the docs dir and press F3
>
> ya cant live without it :)

I have mc running permanently on one virtual terminal and use it
frequently so I wouldn't dream of challenging your second statement.

Pressing F3 invokes the internal file viewer (if it is enabled via the
Options menu) which is fine for text files, not wonderful for html and
definitely of limited use with dvi files.  Highlighting the file and
pressing <enter> is much more useful for me as it displays html and dvi
files with either lynx or dvisvga respectively.  It works this magic via
/etc/mc/mc.ext which uses run-mailcap to determine which viewer you
want for a particular file type.

Brian.