Re: USB install problem

First of, I hope you've looked at www.linux-usb.org for all your Linux
USB needs.  Most of the basics are covered in the manual there.

    Riaan> Thus two questions: 1) From the data below, can anyone tell
    Riaan> me whether USB is compiled correctly into the kernel ?  2)
    Riaan> If it is how do I get it working ?

    Riaan> but there is no /proc/bus/usb

For some reason, and it's a common gripe, you have to manually mount
/proc/bus/usb.  Hopefully, it's compiled into your modules.  Try:

mount -t usbdevfs none /proc/bus/usb

to get the proc files.

You might want to add

none            /proc/bus/usb   usbdevfs        defaults                00

to your /etc/fstab to make it mount of boot.

Try that and see if you get anything in /proc/bus/usb.

Good luck.

Marshal