Re: setting up a Gateway

On 2002.06.13 09:25 Nicos Gollan wrote:
On Thursday 13 June 2002 14:29, if.frijns@wanadoo.nl wrote:
> Ye all Linux Wizzards.
>
> plunging around some time with debian (at the moment 2.4.18 kernel)
> am trying to set up a linux box as a gateway.

What you want is probably masquerading. Read the ipfilter
documentation
at http://netfilter.samba.org/ to see how to set up iptables for
masquerading. There's a section named after this in the FAQ I think.

I've personally found the IP-Masquerade HOWTO (http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO) to be a more readable resource. There are additional resources, including sample configuration scripts, at the Linux IP Masquerade Resource web site (http://ipmasq.cjb.net).

HTH,
Ian