Re: so how do the pros read all those .gz docs, zless?

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 08:13:42AM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> Lots of /usr/share/doc's are in .gz format.  What does Joe Average do
> to read them, zcat, zless, etc. over and over?  (Nifty me of course
> uses emacs' dired's "v" with auto-compression-mode on.  Seems to be
> ideal.  However then one encounters patches of HTML docs, which seem
> best suited for galeon, mozilla, not w3...)

Lynx will show you the text.gz without problems, and of course handle
the html. I pretty much reflexively type lynx /usr/share/doc/foo
before I even try man foo.

dt

--
Dave Thayer           | If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about
Denver, Colorado USA  | cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all